Saturday, November 12, 2011

More is better

elevating used soap to a status of beauty
glass insulators
I moved to Gatlinburg five months ago.  I guess that's long enough for me to forget what a pain in the ass moving is.  Case in point:  I just bought a book.  After giving away half of my book collection and moving only with my "special specials", I thought that it would be a really long time before I started acquiring books again.  Guess not.  That being said, I'm really excited to tell you about my newest purchase, In Flagrante Collecto: Caught in the Act of Collecting.  I first poured over this coffee-table-style collection of beautiful images at the West Palm Beach public library, jotting down notes in my sketchbook all the while.  I recently spotted it at a reduced price (used) through Amazon.com.   I was especially drawn to the remarkable grouping of used soap chips and glass insulators.  Oh the beauty of common things.  The gorgeous photos in the book really do prove that it's all in the display.  And more is better.  Except when it comes to moving boxes of books.

No comments:

Post a Comment