Friday, November 4, 2011

Amuse Bouche

I gotta start reading the NYT Dining and Wine section.  Regularly.

Either that or visit fancy restaurants.

There really is no excuse for anyone who calls herself a potter or tableware designer to not know the term amuse bouche.

It wasn't until polymer artist Judy Belcher picked up one of my hand-sized oval dishes and exlaimed, "This would be perfect for amuse bouche"  Immediately, I liked the sound of that.

Pronounced (uh-MYUZ-boosh), the french word means: mouth amuser.   Serving sizes are small and chefs often showcase their creativity with the dish.

However, you probably are living on this planet and you already know that.

Embarrassment aside, I'm inspired.  Thank you Judy for the vocab lesson.  I'm off to make some spoon-sized bowls.

Amuse bouche spoons


No comments:

Post a Comment